Our Curriculum is Developmentally Appropriate and Literature Based
See our Curriculum Brochure for details on age-level objectives and skills.
- All learning and projects are coordinated through theme-based literature.
- Materials are culturally and linguistically appropriate (including beginning Spanish and Sign Language).
- Success is measured via performance assessment (based on portfolio collections, work samples, and organized record-keeping).
- Children construct knowledge based on what they already know, as well as what they want to know.
- Hands-on learning is experienced through art projects, as well as small and large motor play.
- Students make choices and follow teacher-directed experiences (i.e. Art Room projects).
- Students are encouraged to develop autonomy academically and socially.
- Play is a central ingredient!
- Adequate time is provided for exploring, questioning, and problem solving.
- Children progress at their own rate.
- Families are important.
- Curriculum is dynamic and ever changing.
Play and learning go hand-in-hand. Expanding their world in and out of the classroom.